My main man ERIC BERRY

My main man ERIC BERRY
My main man ERIC BERRY

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Post #9 Opening Day! Go ROYALS!

         The 2017 MLB season is finally here after a long and boring offseason. Lots of trades and signings are torturing us with impatient for this year! As a huge Kansas City Royals fan, last year wasn't the best for the Royals, after being participants of the 2014 and 2015 World Series. The Royals fell short of making the playoffs last season. But, there were several reasons why we didn't make it back again.
         About 27 games into the season, our All-star third baseman Mike Moustakas, tore his ACL by colliding with left fielder Alex Gordon. This had a big impact on the entire Royals organization, including the fan base. Immediately following this game, Mike was overwhelmed with love and support from the society of Kansas City. We truly showed that Royals fans come together and love their players. Mike is completely healthy and has been playing great during the spring season. He's back and ready to fire this team throughout the season! Another big problem that the Royals had last season involved another All-star, center fielder Lorenzo Cain. He simply could never stay away from the injury bug. Throughout the season he felt with several injuries and couldn't get back to normal on the diamond. Causing the Royals to never get hot and make a run. But this year we are ready, were ready to get back to the World Series yet again.
         This upcoming year could be the Royals final shot at winning another World Series for awhile. Next year our roster will change a lot due to contracts ending with our best players including Eric Hosmer and Lorenzo Cain. Players like these are easy to loose due to other teams having better cap space to spend on players. Im afraid we won't have these two players, along with Mike and a few other fan favorites and they will be on different organizations. But, I believe that these players are willing to negotiate contract extensions to stay in Kansas City because of the amazing fan base and the incredible atmosphere at Kaufman Stadium. I've seen the Royals win a World Series and it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life. It's an amazing experience to be apart of and I really wish I can go through many more throughout my life. I want my son to be able to see a KC World Championship, that is if I can lead him on the right path to liking the Royals haha. Anyways, I'm excited for this upcoming season and I know a lot of people are as well. Thanks for reading! GO ROYALS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment