My main man ERIC BERRY

My main man ERIC BERRY
My main man ERIC BERRY

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Post #8 The Ball Family

          Let's take a trip to crazy land and talk about an interesting family. This year, a great college basketball player began to attract people's attention. This player's name is Lonzo Ball, he plays for UCLA. He is known as one of the best players across the nation for his talented skills with the basketball.
          Now, one of the reasons that he has become so popular is his over confident and obnoxious father, LaVar Ball. This man has recently done some wild and weird stuff. LaVar was interviewed for his talented son, anyways, he went on to say that he could outscore the greatest basketball player ever (Michael Jordan) in a one VS one matchup. This quote immediately took the sports world for a turn. Receiving criticism from ESPN analysts, public newspapers, and of course the sports fans. Personally, I thought he disrespected Jordan with this, while giving his family a bad reputation.
          BUT, then I got to thinking about this and I thought to myself, he is a genius. All of his shenanigans have plastered the Ball family all across the US. giving his boys the recognition they need to make it to the next level. Lonzo also has two little brothers that have great talent as well. Both who are committed to UCLA next year, they are currently seniors in high school. All three brothers are trending everywhere you see basketball. I have mixed emotions about this situation. I think that LaVar is smart by putting his family on the map for people to see, but my main concern is he has done it in the wrong way. Yeah the market for his sons is probably going to richen them forever. But, I believe that family will be frowned upon because his father has shown their image as cocky, and self-conceded. Would you want your success in a negative way? If I was Lonzo and his brothers, I wouldn't want my dad saying certain things especially when its live across the nation. People judge and give others images in our society today. And that type of stuff will stick with you forever. Lonzo Ball will be entering next year's NBA draft, but the city he goes to could have a negative image of him.
          LaVar Ball has become very popular in the sports world along with his family, but not everyone is happy with how he has done so. I don't agree with his actions mainly because of what I mentioned earlier about being self-conceded. If you guys think otherwise and want to rant then be my guest! Feel free to comment and list your opinions! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment